1. Position and Function
Da Nang Industrial and Export Processing Zone Authority (DIEPZA) is an integrated Governmental Authority of The People's Committee of Da Nang city, which performs the function of governmental management over the industrial and export processing zones. It also provides the domestic and foreign investors in the industrial zones (IZs) public-administrative services and other supporting services in the investment and production activities.
DIEPZA is subject to the direction and management of Da Nang People's Committee in terms of organization, staffing, working schedule and operating budget; Operating under the direction, guidance and inspection of the ministries and equivalent agencies in terms of the relevant fields.
DIEPZA has the legitimate status, a seal bearing the national emblem and a separate account; administrative management funds, non-business operating funds and development investment capital shall be allocated from the state budget according to the annual plans.
2. Tasks and Authority
DIEPZA shall perform the Tasks and Duty defined in Article 2 of Joint Circular No. 06/2015/TTLT-BKHDT-BNV ratified on September 3, 2015 by the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Home Affairs, concerning the functions, tasks, authority and organizational structure of the Management Authority of industrial parks, export processing zones and economic zones.
3. Organizational structure and staffing
a) Leadership of the DIEPZA consists of the Head of Authority and no more than 03 (three) Deputy Heads of Authority.
- The Head of Authority is responsible to the Da Nang People's Committee, the President of the People's Committee and the Law for the performance of the functions, tasks and authority of the DIEPZA; Responsible for reporting to the City People's Council, People's Committee and Ministry of Planning and Investment according to the regulations.
- The Deputy Head of the Authority is the person who assists the Head in charge of some aspects of the DIEPZA, responsible for the assigned tasks.
- The appointment, re-appointment, transfer, rotation, commendation, discipline, removal from office, resignation, retirement and implementation of other regimes and policies toward the Head and Deputy Heads will be decided by the President of the People's Committees according to the provisions of relevant Law.
b) Organizational structure of DIEPZA
1. To advise and manage the work of organization and personals.
2. To advise the development of internal regulations and direction of the Management Board.
3. To advise on the protection of National secrets.
4. Consultancy, estimate budget, annual budget of the organisation; To instruct and supervise the financial accounting of operating units attached to the Management Board.
5. To advise, organize, monitoring Emulation – Reward for the organisation and enterprises in the industrial zones.
6. To advise and organize the performance of tasks of state administrative reform under the competence of the Management Board.
7. Management of receiving and returning results body.
8. To organize the clerical works and archives; Management and use of organisation seals
9. To review the documents before submitting to the leaders.
10. To advise on the management and operation of the LAN, the management system of documents and administration, the website of the DIEPZA, the application of information technology;
11. To monitor the development, application and improvement of quality management system in accordance with TCVN ISO 9001: 2008 DIEPZA.
12. To implement and monitor the work of grassroots democracy, cultural agencies and the sense of responsibility in work of civil servants.
13. To maintain consultancy on organizing meetings with enterprises in IZs; Regular commissions of the organisation.
14. To synthesize weekly reports, briefing reports, and monthly executive committee conclusions.
15. To carry out receptionist's work, organize conferences, seminars and festive activities of the organisation.
16. To manage and operate the management of equipment and facilities of the organisation.
17. To perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of General Planning
1. Responsible for elaborating long-term, five-year and annual work programs and plans on development of industrial zones; Weekly, monthly, quarterly, 6 month, and annual plans.
2. To formulate and implement policies, schemes, programs and plans for socio-economic development of all levels related to the planning on development of IZs.
3. To formulate and implement comprehensive programs of action related to investment in IZ in order to implement the Party's and the State's directives and resolutions.
4. Responsible for commenting on mechanisms, policies, programs, laws and projects related to the development of IZs.
5. To synthesize periodic and unscheduled reports on the general performance of IZs.
6. To synthesize information about active projects in IZs.
7. To implement the legal work of the agency.
8. To coordinate with the information, propagation, guidance and dissemination sections on legal documents, plans, schemes, projects, mechanisms and policies on industrial parks; Monitor the implementation and enforcement of laws in IZs.
9. To advise on the prevention of corruption, the practice of saving against waste.
10. To advise on planning and implementation of flood and storm prevention and control in the IZs.
11. To coordinate with other units in checking information security, fire prevention, environment, construction, investment and operation of the project in the IZs.
12. To perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of Investment Management
1. To formulate programs, plans and organize investment promotion activities.
2. To provide guidelines in the investigation and implementation of investment procedures.
3. To advise and submit, issue, adjust and withdraw investment registration certificates for investment projects under the competence of the organisation.
4. To advise and submit, grant, adjust, supplement and withdraw licenses for establishment of representative offices of foreign traders based in IZs.
5. To advise and submit to the Chairman the granting of business licenses for activities of purchase and sale of goods and activities by foreign invested enterprises.
6. To monitor the implementation of the project according to the investment registration certificate or investment approval paper already granted; To advise on monitoring and evaluation of investment and supervision and evaluation of investment projects in IZs.
7. To synthesize and archive information on investment projects in IZs; To manage and update information on projects in the Da Nang Industrial Zone in Da Nang City to the Ministry of Planning and Investment's national information system on foreign investment.
8. To perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of Enterprise Management
1. To advise and submit certificates of origin of goods produced in IZs.
2. To receive statistical and financial reports of enterprises operating in IZs, monitoring production and business activities of projects in IZs.
3. To guide and solve investors’s arising problems, difficulties in production and business activities, transfer of projects and assets; To suspend operation, bankruptcy or dissolution of enterprises in industrial zones; Asset liquidation procedures on machinery and equipment.
4. To guide, monitor and receive the registration of land price frame, land for lease and infrastructure charges.
5. To monitor and urge Da Nang Industrial Zone Infrastructure Company (DAIZICO) and handle proposals related to land use fee collection and infrastructure use fees in IZs invested by the city.
6. To manage service activities in IZs.
7. To advise and submit, issue, amend or supplement certificates of business eligibility and permits for trading in a number of commodities subject to specialized management to traders in IZs.
8. To perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of Resources and Environment Management
1. To guide and inspect the environmental protection in the construction and operation of infrastructures and the production activities in IZs in accordance with the environmental protection regulations; To detect and promptly report to the competent State management bodies for handling acts of violating the environmental protection law; To respond to and restore environmental status after environmental accidents in IZs
2. To periodically report on the environmental protection of IZs to the People's Committee of the city and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
3. To publicize information and legal documents on environmental protection in IZs to investors and business establishment in IZs.
4. To coordinate with functional agencies in solving environmental disputes between production and service establishments in IZs with organizations and individuals outside IZs.
5. To coordinate the examination, inspection and handling of violation in environmental protection in the production activities of investors and business establishments in IZs.
6. To organize the appraisal and submit the environmental impact assessment report for the project in the IZs through an approval by the People's Committee of the city.
7. To organize the registration and certification of environmental protection plans for subjects registered in the IZ under the authorization of the Unit of Natural Resources and Environment or the District People's Committee.
8. To organize the appraisal and submission for approval of detailed environmental protection schemes and simple environmental protection schemes of projects in IZs under the authorization of competent agencies.
9. To organize the inspection and submission to the leaders of the Board for certification of the completion of environmental protection works for the operation period according to the legislation on environmental protection.
10. To perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of Planning and Construction Management
1. To advise the leaders of the approved detailed master plan of the industrial zone without change the function of land use and planning structure.
2. To advise the leaders in reviewing the detailed construction plan 1/500 of the IZs.
3. Appraisal of basic designs for Group B and C investment projects subject to appraisal in IZs.
4. To Grant, adjust, extend, re-grant and withdraw work construction permits for construction works in industrial parks (Greater than 1/500 detailed construction IZ plans); Grant agreement on the design of general premises and architectural solutions for construction (for1/500 detailed construction IZ plan).
5. To issue planning certificates, agreements on the design of general grounds and architectural solutions for construction items according to the approved detailed planning and detailed plans of the IZs.
6. To organize the inspection and submit to the leadership of the Board for certification of completion of construction works of the projects in the industrial park.
7. To monitor and manage the quality of construction works in IZs; To inspect and supervise the construction activities of the projects to ensure that the planning and permits have been approved in strict accordance with the regulations of the People's Committee of the city.
8. To manage the implementation of detailed planning.
9. To monitor and urge the progress of technical infrastructure construction in IZs by the infrastructure suppliers; Monitoring and coordinating with related units in the construction of external infrastructure connected to the IZ.
10. To monitor and coordinate with the Fire Prevention Police Department in guiding and inspecting the fire prevention work of projects in IZs.
11. Perform other tasks assigned by the Board.
- Division of Labour Management
1. To receive the report explaining the demand for employing foreign workers for each position.
2. To grant, re-grant and withdraw work permits for foreign labourers working in the industrial parks.
3. To confirm that foreign workers working in IPs are not eligible for work permits.
4. To receive the declaration of labour use, report the situation of changes in labour in the enterprises in the IZ under authorization.
5. To license, monitor the temporary residence of foreign workers in the IZ.
6. To instruct the establishment and reception of labour regulations and collective labour agreements of enterprises in IZs.
7. Coordination in guiding and monitoring the implementation of policies, regulations and related issues on labour management of enterprises in IZs.
8. To coordinate with relevant units to participate in the settlement of labour disputes, strikes and delays, ensuring hygiene and safety, labour safety, security and order.
9. To collaborate with relevant agencies to propose and implement support programs for workers such as housing, cultural activities and facilities and other social welfare programs.
10. To coordinate with the Employment Promotion Center to develop and implement plans and programs on human resources to meet the labor demand of IZs.
- Da Nang Industrial Zone Infrastructure Development and Exploitation Company (Daizico)
- Industrial Zone Employment Services Center.